Sunday 24 June 2012


It takes a village…June 23

They say it takes a village to raise a child.  Well, I can certainly tell you that it takes a village to make this ride run as smoothly as it does. To the support team, Val, Don, Gord, Carla, Duncan, Sheila, Bob, Dan, Jody, Jay and Randy, thank you all so much.  You guys ROCK!!.  Don, Gord, Carla & Duncan (aka Lamb chop) you literally jump to the pump for us. Not only do act as gas jockey's but you also are there just at the right time with treats and water.   Jody (aka photographer extraordinaire) welcome to the group.  I am amazed at how relaxed you are while cruising along on the back of Bob's bike snapping shots of us.  Jay and Randy are from Cycle Works and we would be lost without them (getting us lost is Dan's job).  Without you guys, well, the bikes just wouldn't run as smoothly as they do.  While we are in showering and relaxing you guys are out there making sure our rides are in top form.  You are there for our every need and you seem to anticipate them even before we know we would have them.  Dan you are just the best.  You might be directionally challenged, but somehow you find that podium and guide us.  Sheila, what can I say.  You are there to take care of us and we love you so much!  Terry Evans, thank you for participating in this event and thank you for promoting it on K97 as you do.  You've introduced new riders to the group and we love them.  To our group leaders and sweepers, thank you for all that you do.  You put in countless hours and many miles to make each ride the best it can be.   Val, what can I say!  You are just the best and we all love you so so much.  I don't know how you do it but you manage to put 28 hours of work into a 24 hour day.  You never seem flustered and there is no issue that cannot be resolved.  I am honoured to call you friend.  To LOOK Homes, the Steppers, Brazzo, Cycle Works thank you, thank you, thank you.

But my biggest thank you goes out to Miss Ruby Tuesday.  You have won our hearts.  You are such an inspiration to not only myself, but to everyone in this group.  Your energy, your courage, your spirit and the joy that you bring is amazing. I love your smile and I love your giggle.   I am going to try very hard to follow the wise words that you said at the end of your video "Don't worry, be happy".  

To all who make this ride what it is, thank you.  I know there are countless people behind the scenes and I know I probably have missed names, and I apologize for that.  But we do thank you each and every one of you.  

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment